The affiliates of all NSO Coordinated Bargaining Councils are committed to creating solidarity among NSO affiliates and members through mutual assistance and defense during bargaining crises. Therefore, each affiliate agrees to provide the following assistance to any affiliate in good standing in the Council that is involved in a bargaining dispute, strike build-up and/or strike:
- On-site assistance in contract negotiations, settlement and maintenance;
- Consultation in organizing efforts;
- Letters and telegrams of support;
- Contributions to affiliate’s crisis fund;
- Censure; (i.e. a letter to state execs or governance leaders condemning or reprimanding)
- Sanction; (i.e. informing people not to apply for positions in particular states)
- Demonstrations/picketing state association offices, governance meetings, etc.; (to include meeting governance leaders when they arrive in another state for meetings, etc.)
- CBC meetings scheduled in the affected state;
- Boycotts of staff training and meetings;
- Sympathy actions;
- Honor of picket lines of any NSO sanctioned striking affiliate (with all of its implications).
These activities will be initiated at the request of the affiliate involved in the crisis through the CBC chairpersons/CBC Facilitating Committee. The chairpersons will coordinate the delivery of assistance to the affiliate through the Facilitating Committee.